A recent paper published in the journal, Lab Chip, describes an ingenious microfluidic device for dry preservation of biological specimens at room temperature. The device incorporates chemical stabilizers, such as RNAstable®, and allows minimally trained users to effectively collect & preserve biological samples in remote, limited-resource locations. The samples can then be shipped without refrigeration to a laboratory for analysis.
- PCRstable service from Biomatrica provides lyophilization-free stabilization for MDx point-of-care assays
- Ebola and Anthrax Assays Stabilized at Room Temperature
- Harvard University laboratory publishes paper in Science citing use of Biomatrica’s RNAstable in study to elucidate Ebola virus origin and transmission during the 2014 outbreak
- Microbial life found living on the exterior of the International Space Station
- Ambient Preservation Technology & Regenerative Medicine